Sunday, August 21, 2022

A Picture Speaks a Thousand Words

 By Hazel Jean Angwani
Columban Lay Missionary in Pakistan, 2019-2022 

 

There is a saying that goes, ‘A picture speaks a thousand words.’ When I took this photo of a woman in one of the villages that we minister to, I was trying to find the right words to describe the scene.

In the end, all I wanted to do was to show my great admiration for the Tribal women here. They are strong, resilient, hardworking and caring.

I am always thankful for witnessing a glimpse of their daily life.

This is my 100-word story on this Tribal woman:

She was cooking tomatoes when I approached her outside the house.
She stood up and smiled, and shook my hand with a grip.
I asked her how she is, and she replied that she’s fine.
She made me sit on the charpai,*
and her kids sat around me.
While I was talking with the children, I took out my phone and took her photo.
And she was happy when I showed it to her.

 

* stringed bed

 



 

No comments:

When in Pakistan

  By Monaliza Esteban, CLM I vividly remember my arrival in Pakistan and how the environment felt so different to me. I sensed I had to be c...