Friday, November 19, 2010

PRAYER TO ST. COLUMBAN

O Blessed Columban, in your zeal for the extension of Christ's Kingdom and the salvation of souls, you spent your life in suffering and exile; assist and protect we humbly implore you, the missionaries of our day, who have devoted their lives to preaching the Gospel throughout the world. Obtain for them that prudence and fortitude by which beset your path, and that firm faith and ardent charity which enabled you to endure gladly the privations of this life for the love of Christ. Assist and protect us also, dear St. Columban, so to live for God's glory that wehn our pilgrimage through life is over, we may enjoy with you the eternal rest of heaven, through Christ our Lord. Amen.

No comments:

When in Pakistan

  By Monaliza Esteban, CLM I vividly remember my arrival in Pakistan and how the environment felt so different to me. I sensed I had to be c...